INDIANAPOLIS--Indianapolis Power & Light Company (IPL), a subsidiary of The AES Corporation (NYSE: AES), is recognizing various July events and organizations through its window light displays.
Organizations and events to be recognized by IPL:
- Fourth of July Weekend — (American Flag, July 1-4)
- The Indianapolis Foundation’s 100th Anniversary Celebration— (At Night We Light Up Installation, July 5-7, 21-23, 28-31)
- Victory Field’s 20th Anniversary Celebration — (#VF20, July 8)
- IPL Advancion® Energy Storage Array Ribbon Cutting Ceremony — (IDEAS AT WORK, July 12)
- Indiana Black Expo’s “Summer Celebration” — (#IBE46, July 14-17)
- Keep Indianapolis Beautiful’s (KIB) Pollinator Count — (#KIBees, July 18-20)
- Crown Royal 400 at the Brickyard — (400, July 24)
Is your event or organization highlighted this month? Join us on social media to share your window lights photos. Please tag @IPLpower and use our hashtag #IPLlights.
IPL’s 10-story downtown headquarters shines brightly every night with a light display which consists of energy-efficient, long-lasting bulbs and is controlled via a computer. Each window in the IPL building holds one LED luminar with a set of 12 red, green and blue LED lights. When mixed together, the computer controller can produce more than 16 million different hues.
About Indianapolis Power & Light Company and AES:
Indianapolis Power & Light Company (IPL), an AES Company, provides retail electric service to more than 480,000 residential, commercial and industrial customers in Indianapolis, as well as portions of other Central Indiana communities surrounding Marion County. During its long history, IPL has supplied its customers with some of the lowest-cost, most reliable power in the country. For more information about the company, please visit www.IPLpower.com or connect with us at www.twitter.com/IPLpower, www.facebook.com/IPLpower or www.linkedin.com/company/IPLpower.
The AES Corporation (NYSE: AES) is a Fortune 200 global power company. We provide affordable, sustainable energy to 17 countries through our diverse portfolio of distribution businesses as well as thermal and renewable generation facilities. Our workforce of 21,000 people is committed to operational excellence and meeting the world's changing power needs. Our 2015 revenues were $15 billion and we own and manage $37 billion in total assets. To learn more, please visit www.aes.com. Follow AES on Twitter @TheAESCorp.
Indianapolis Power & Light Company
317.829.7737, pager 317.393.7584