INDIANAPOLIS—Indianapolis Power & Light Company (IPL), a subsidiary of The AES Corporation (NYSE: AES), is recognizing various September events and organizations through its window light displays.
Organizations and events to be recognized by IPL:
- Department of Public Words Partnership—(YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL, Sep. 1-2)
- Labor Day Weekend—(American Flag, Sep. 3-5)
- Red Cross National Preparedness Month—(American Red Cross Logo, Sep. 6-9)
- Indianapolis Colts Home Games—(Colts Horseshoe, Sep. 11, 25)
- Pediatric Cancer Awareness Month—(Gold Ribbon, Sep. 12-14)
- Indy Irish Fest—(Irish Flag, Sep. 15, 17)
- Monument Circle Oktoberfest—(Gold, Sep. 16)
- Better Business Bureau's 46th Annual Assembly—(BBB, Sep. 18-20)
- Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month—(Teal Ribbon, Sep. 23-24)
- The Arc of Indiana's 60th Anniversary—(THE ARC OF INDIANA/60 YEARS, Sep. 26)
- Hunger Action Month—(Orange, Sep. 27-29)
Is your event or organization highlighted this month? Join us on social media to share your window lights photos. Please tag @IPLpower and use our hashtag #IPLlights.
IPL's 10-story downtown headquarters shines brightly every night with a light display, which consists of energy-efficient, long-lasting bulbs and is controlled via a computer. Each window in the IPL building holds one LED luminar with a set of 12 red, green and blue LED lights. When mixed together, the computer controller can produce more than 16 million different hues.
About Indianapolis Power & Light Company and AES:
Indianapolis Power & Light Company (IPL), an AES Company, provides retail electric service to more than 480,000 residential, commercial and industrial customers in Indianapolis, as well as portions of other Central Indiana communities surrounding Marion County. During its long history, IPL has supplied its customers with some of the lowest-cost, most reliable power in the country. For more information about the company, please visit www.IPLpower.com or connect with us at www.twitter.com/IPLpower, www.facebook.com/IPLpower or www.linkedin.com/company/IPLpower.
The AES Corporation (NYSE: AES) is a Fortune 200 global power company. We provide affordable, sustainable energy to 17 countries through our diverse portfolio of distribution businesses as well as thermal and renewable generation facilities. Our workforce of 21,000 people is committed to operational excellence and meeting the world’s changing power needs. AES’ 2015 revenues were $37 billion in total assets. To learn more, please visit www.aes.com. Follow AES on Twitter @TheAESCorp.
Indianapolis Power & Light Company