INDIANAPOLIS—Indianapolis Power & Light Company (IPL), a subsidiary of The AES Corporation (NYSE: AES), is recognizing various May events and organizations through its window light displays.
Organizations and events to be recognized by IPL:
- 100th Running of Indianapolis 500 — (START YOUR ENGINES!, May 1)
- Countdown to the Indianapolis 500 — (X DAYS/INDY 500, May 2-6, 15-16, 18, 20, 22-25)
- 500 Festival Mini-Marathon — (40TH RUNNING / #INDYMINI, May 7)
- Mother’s Day — (HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY, May 8)
- Turquoise Takeover Lung Force Initiative by American Lung Association — (Turquoise, May 9-13)
- First Indiana Fever Home Game — (#24FOREVER, May 14)
- Shine a Light on NF by The Children’s Tumor Foundation — (Blue and Green, May 17)
- Lupus Awareness Month by The Lupus Foundation of American — (Purple, May 19)
- Armed Forces Day — (American Flag, May 21)
- 500 Festival Memorial Service — (American Flag, May 27)
- Memorial Day Weekend (May 28-30)
Is your event or organization highlighted this month? Join us on social media to share your window lights photos. Please tag @IPLpower and use our hashtag #IPLlights.
IPL’s 10-story downtown headquarters shines brightly every night with a light display which consists of energy-efficient, long-lasting bulbs and is controlled via a computer. Each window in the IPL building holds one LED luminar with a set of 12 red, green and blue LED lights. When mixed together, the computer controller can produce more than 16 million different hues.
About Indianapolis Power & Light Company and AES:
Indianapolis Power & Light Company (IPL), an AES Company, provides retail electric service to more than 480,000 residential, commercial and industrial customers in Indianapolis, as well as portions of other Central Indiana communities surrounding Marion County. During its long history, IPL has supplied its customers with some of the lowest-cost, most reliable power in the country. For more information about the company, please visit www.IPLpower.com or connect with us at www.twitter.com/IPLpower, www.facebook.com/IPLpower or www.linkedin.com/company/IPLpower.
The AES Corporation (NYSE: AES) is a Fortune 200 global power company. We provide affordable, sustainable energy to 20 countries through a diverse portfolio of distribution businesses as well as thermal and renewable generation facilities. Our workforce of 17,800 people is committed to
operational excellence and meeting the world’s changing power needs. AES’ 2013 revenues were $16 billion, and we own and manage $40 billion in total assets. To learn more, please visit www.aes.com. Follow AES on Twitter @TheAESCorp.
Indianapolis Power & Light Company