INDIANAPOLIS—Indianapolis Power & Light Company (IPL), a subsidiary of The AES Corporation (NYSE: AES), is recognizing various October events and organizations through its window light displays.
Organizations and events to be recognized by IPL:
- Julian Center — (Purple, Oct. 1, 25)
- Mental Health Awareness Week — (Green, Oct. 2-3, 5-6)
- 2016 IndyCar Season Championship Celebration — (22 / INDYCAR, Oct. 4)
- Pinking of The Canal for Breast Cancer Awareness Month — (Pink Ribbon, Oct. 7)
- Haunted House at The Children’s Museum — (Pumpkin, Oct. 8)
- Colts Home Game — (Horseshoe, Oct. 9, 30)
- Department of Public Words — (DO GREAT THINGS, Oct. 10-12)
- Indianapolis Prize Gala — (#SAVINGSPECIES, Oct. 13-14)
- Red Cross Centennial Celebration — (Red Cross Logo, Oct. 15)
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month — (Pink Ribbon, Oct. 16-18)
- National Future Farmers of American (FFA) Convention & Expo — (FFA, Oct. 19-22)
- Pacers Home Game — (“P”, Oct. 26)
- Teal Pumpkin Project — (Teal, Oct. 27)
- Halloween Weekend — (Jack-O-Lantern / BOO!, Oct. 28-29, 31)
Is your event or organization highlighted this month? Join us on social media to share your window lights photos. Please tag @IPLpower and use our hashtag #IPLlights.
IPL’s 10-story downtown headquarters shines brightly every night with a light display which consists of energy-efficient, long-lasting bulbs and is controlled via a computer. Each window in the IPL building holds one LED luminar with a set of 12 red, green and blue LED lights. When mixed together, the computer controller can produce more than 16 million different hues.
About Indianapolis Power & Light Company and AES:
Indianapolis Power & Light Company (IPL), an AES Company, provides retail electric service to more than 480,000 residential, commercial and industrial customers in Indianapolis, as well as portions of other Central Indiana communities surrounding Marion County. During its long history, IPL has supplied its customers with some of the lowest-cost, most reliable power in the country. For more information about the company, please visit www.IPLpower.com or connect with us at www.twitter.com/IPLpower, www.facebook.com/IPLpower or www.linkedin.com/company/IPLpower.
The AES Corporation (NYSE: AES) is a Fortune 200 global power company. We provide affordable, sustainable energy to 17 countries through our diverse portfolio of distribution businesses as well as thermal and renewable generation facilities. Our workforce of 21,000 people is committed to operational excellence and meeting the world’s changing power needs. AES’ 2015 revenues were $37 billion in total assets. To learn more, please visit www.aes.com. Follow AES on Twitter @TheAESCorp.