INDIANAPOLIS, Ind.— Indianapolis Power & Light Company (IPL), a subsidiary of The AES Corporation (NYSE: AES), urges our customers to stay safe and beat the extreme temperatures that are forecasted to rise above 90 degrees this weekend and into next week.
There are a number of ways customers can manage their energy use with free and easy tips:
- Close blinds and shades during the warmest part of the day to keep the sun’s rays from heating your home.
- Turn off the lights and use energy efficient light bulbs that give off less heat in the home.
- Keep hot air from leaking into your home by weather stripping doors and windows.
- Use fans and ventilation strategies to keep cool by creating a wind chill effect.
IPL also encourages customers to start using programs which give them the power to personally understand and manage their energy use. IPL customers can explore the 12 different energy-saving PowerToolsSM programs by going to IPLpower.com/powertools. These programs help residential and business customers understand, manage and reduce their energy use.
Some of the IPL PowerToolsSM available to residential customers include:
- CoolCents®: The device allows IPL the ability to briefly and moderately reduce your air conditioner’s cycle time during peak electricity usage periods in May through September. When activated, the device shortens the numbers of minutes your air conditioner it “on.” This cycling will normally take place only a few hours during the day and for only a few days during the summer.
- Home Energy Assessment: Have a professional energy advisor conduct a free walk-through energy assessment in your home. He or she will install free energy-saving equipment and offer recommendations for improving your home efficiency.
- PowerView®: Use this free tool to get details, personalized information about how to understand and manage your electricity usage with charts, graphs and tips.
About Indianapolis Power & Light Company and AES:
Indianapolis Power & Light Company (IPL), an AES Company, provides retail electric service to more than 490,000 residential, commercial and industrial customers in Indianapolis, as well as portions of other Central Indiana communities surrounding Marion County. During its long history, IPL has supplied its customers with some of the lowest-cost, most reliable power in the country. For more information about the company, please visit www.IPLpower.com or connect with us at www.twitter.com/IPLpower, www.facebook.com/IPLpower or www.linkedin.com/company/IPLpower.
The AES Corporation (NYSE: AES) is a Fortune 200 global power company. We provide affordable, sustainable energy to 17 countries through our diverse portfolio of distribution businesses as well as thermal and renewable generation facilities. Our workforce of 19,000 people is committed to operational excellence and meeting the world’s changing power needs. Our 2016 revenues were $14 billion and we own and manage $36 billion in total assets. To learn more, please visit http://www.aes.com. Follow AES on Twitter @TheAESCorp.
Indianapolis Power & Light Company