INDIANAPOLIS, Ind.—Indianapolis Power & Light Company (IPL), a subsidiary of The AES Corporation (NYSE: AES), is on pace to make a significant financial impact in the communities in which we live and serve this year. IPL has already committed $1 million to various Central Indiana organizations impacting our key giving areas of arts & culture, community investment, economic development, education and environment in 2017.
Key organizations to highlight:
- -500 Festival
- -Boys & Girls Clubs of Indianapolis
- -Center for Leadership Development
- -Coburn Place Save Haven
- -College Mentors for Kids
- -Crossroads of America Council, Boy Scouts of America
- -Downtown Indy
- -Earth Day Indiana
- -Eiteljorg Museum
- -Hispanic Business Council
- -Indiana Black Expo, Inc.
- -Indiana Chamber of Commerce
- -Indianapolis Parks Foundation
- -Indianapolis Symphony Choir
- -Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra
- -Indianapolis Zoo
- -Indiana Latino Institute
- -Indy Chamber
- -International Violin Competition
- -Jewish Community Center
- -Keep Indianapolis Beautiful, Inc.
- -Leadership Indianapolis
- -Metropolitan Indianapolis Public Broadcasting, Inc. (WFYI)
- -Mid-States Minority Supplier Development Council
- -Rebuilding Together Indianapolis
- -Rev Indy
- -Teachers' Treasures
- -The Cabaret at the Columbia Club
- -United Way of Central Indiana
- -Visit Indy
- -YMCA of Greater Indianapolis
Additionally, IPL’s 2016 Community Report is now available to view online by clicking here. This report highlights just a few ways we were able to support community organizations, individuals and our customers over the past year. Whether it was reveling alongside you last May as the title sponsor of the IPL 500 Festival Parade, helping to bring holiday joy to you and your loved ones at the IPL Yuletide Celebration or celebrating our world-class Indianapolis Zoo through sponsorships that help promote education and conservation, take a moment to see what an amazing year we had and the great sense of pride we feel in telling our story.
About Indianapolis Power & Light Company and AES:
Indianapolis Power & Light Company (IPL), an AES Company, provides retail electric service to more than 490,000 residential, commercial and industrial customers in Indianapolis, as well as portions of other Central Indiana communities surrounding Marion County. During its long history, IPL has supplied its customers with some of the lowest-cost, most reliable power in the country. For more information about the company, please visit www.IPLpower.com or connect with us at www.twitter.com/IPLpower, www.facebook.com/IPLpower or www.linkedin.com/company/IPLpower.
The AES Corporation (NYSE: AES) is a Fortune 200 global power company. We provide affordable, sustainable energy to 17 countries through our diverse portfolio of distribution businesses as well as thermal and renewable generation facilities. Our workforce of 19,000 people is committed to operational excellence and meeting the world’s changing power needs. Our 2016 revenues were $14 billion and we own and manage $36 billion in total assets. To learn more, please visit www.aes.com. Follow AES on Twitter @TheAESCorp.
Indianapolis Power & Light Company
Office: 317.829.7737, Media Hotline: 317.261.5905