INDIANAPOLIS, Ind.—Indianapolis Power & Light Company (IPL), a subsidiary of The AES Corporation (NYSE: AES), is recognizing various October events and organizations through its window light displays.
Organizations and events to be recognized by IPL:
- Dystonia Medical Research Foundation’s “Hunt for a Cure” Event — (Blue, Oct. 1)
- STOMP Out Bullying: World Day of Bullying Prevention — (Blue, Oct. 2)
- National Customer Service Week — (BUILDING TRUST/CUSTOMER SERVICE WEEK, Oct. 3)
- Mental Health Awareness Week — (Green, Oct. 4)
- InterPride World Conference — (Rainbow, Oct. 5-6)
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society — (#LIGHTTHENIGHT, Oct. 7)
- Indianapolis Colts Home Games — (Colts Horseshoe, Oct. 8, 22)
- National Fallen Firefighters Foundation — (Red, Oct.9)
- Trigeminal Neuralgia Awareness — (Teal, Oct. 10)
- Department of Public Words — (DO GREAT THINGS, Oct. 11, 24)
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month — (Pink Ribbon, Oct. 12, 14, 21)
- U.S. Navy’s Birthday — (American Flag/NAVY, Oct. 13)
- Hispanic Heritage Month — (HISPANIC HERITAGE, Oct. 15)
- Domestic Violence Awareness Month — (Purple, Oct. 16-17)
- Indiana Pacers Preseason Home Games — (“P”, Oct. 18, 20)
- Domestic Violence Awareness Month: “Purple Thursday” — (Purple, Oct. 19)
- Sudden Unexpected Death in Epilepsy Awareness Day — (Purple, Oct. 23)
- National Future Farmers of America (FFA) Convention and Expo — (FFA, Oct. 25, 27-28)
- Indiana Afterschool Network: Lights On Afterschool Day in Indy — (LIGHTS ON, Oct. 26)
- Teal Pumpkin Project: Food Allergy Awareness for Trick-or-Treaters — (Teal, Oct. 29)
- Children’s Museum Haunted House — (Jack-O-Lantern/WICKED WOODS, Oct. 30)
- Halloween — (Jack-O-Lantern/BOO!, Oct. 31)
Is your event or organization highlighted this month? Join us on social media to share your window lights photos. Please tag @IPLpower and use our hashtag #IPLlights.
IPL’s 10-story downtown headquarters shines brightly every night with a light display which consists of energy-efficient, long-lasting bulbs and is controlled via a computer. Each window in the IPL building holds one LED luminar with a set of 12 red, green and blue LED lights. When mixed together, the computer controller can produce more than 16 million different hues.
About Indianapolis Power & Light Company and AES:
Indianapolis Power & Light Company (IPL), an AES Company, provides retail electric service to more than 490,000 residential, commercial and industrial customers in Indianapolis, as well as portions of other Central Indiana communities surrounding Marion County. During its long history, IPL has supplied its customers with some of the lowest-cost, most reliable power in the country. For more information about the company, please visit www.IPLpower.com or connect with us at www.twitter.com/IPLpower, www.facebook.com/IPLpower or www.linkedin.com/company/IPLpower.
The AES Corporation (NYSE: AES) is a Fortune 200 global power company. We provide affordable, sustainable energy to 17 countries through our diverse portfolio of distribution businesses as well as thermal and renewable generation facilities. Our workforce of 19,000 people is committed to operational excellence and meeting the world’s changing power needs. Our 2016 revenues were $14 billion and we own and manage $36 billion in total assets. To learn more, please visit http://www.aes.com. Follow AES on Twitter @TheAESCorp.
Indianapolis Power & Light Company