INDIANAPOLIS, Ind.— Indianapolis Power & Light Company (IPL), a subsidiary of The AES Corporation (NYSE: AES), is recognizing various August events and organizations through its window light displays.
Organizations and events to be recognized by IPL:
- Department of Public Words — (LIVE ABUNDANTLY, Aug. 1, 15, 22, 29)
- Indiana State Fair — (HAPPY HAPPENS HERE / #INDYSTATEFAIR, Aug. 4-6)
- National Purple Heart Day — (Purple Heart / American Flag, Aug. 7)
- Indianapolis Navy Week — (INDY NAVY WEEK / American Flag, Aug. 8-10, 12)
- National 811 Day – Call Before You Dig — (HAPPY #811DAY, Aug. 11)
- Colts Preseason Home Games — (Colts Horseshoe, Aug. 13, 31)
- Gen Con Indy 2017 — (#GENCON50, Aug. 17-20)
- Indiana Fever Home Game — (GO FEVER!, Aug. 23, 30)
- Motorcycles on Meridian — (WELCOME BIKERS / American Flag, Aug. 26)
- Indians Home Game (Last of the regular season) — (GO INDIANS! / #ROLLTRIBE, Aug. 27)
Is your event or organization highlighted this month? Join us on social media to share your window lights photos. Please tag @IPLpower and use our hashtag #IPLlights.
IPL’s 10-story downtown headquarters shines brightly every night with a light display which consists of energy-efficient, long-lasting bulbs and is controlled via a computer. Each window in the IPL building holds one LED luminar with a set of 12 red, green and blue LED lights. When mixed together, the computer controller can produce more than 16 million different hues.
About Indianapolis Power & Light Company and AES:
Indianapolis Power & Light Company (IPL), an AES Company, provides retail electric service to more than 490,000 residential, commercial and industrial customers in Indianapolis, as well as portions of other Central Indiana communities surrounding Marion County. During its long history, IPL has supplied its customers with some of the lowest-cost, most reliable power in the country. For more information about the company, please visit www.IPLpower.com or connect with us at www.twitter.com/IPLpower, www.facebook.com/IPLpower or www.linkedin.com/company/IPLpower.
The AES Corporation (NYSE: AES) is a Fortune 200 global power company. We provide affordable, sustainable energy to 17 countries through our diverse portfolio of distribution businesses as well as thermal and renewable generation facilities. Our workforce of 19,000 people is committed to operational excellence and meeting the world’s changing power needs. Our 2016 revenues were $14 billion and we own and manage $36 billion in total assets. To learn more, please visit http://www.aes.com. Follow AES on Twitter @TheAESCorp.
Indianapolis Power & Light Company