INDIANAPOLIS, Ind.— Indianapolis Power & Light Company (IPL), a subsidiary of The AES Corporation (NYSE: AES), encourages its customers to be safe as extremely hot temperatures will affect Central Indiana later this week and into the weekend. IPL is prepared to meet electricity needs from our customers as temperatures are predicted to rise above 90 degrees and subsequent heat indices are expected to surpass 100 degrees.
Here are some helpful tips for IPL customers to consider as temperatures continue to rise:
Be safe at home:
- Be aware of the heat. Pay attention to it and modify your activities appropriately.
- Electricity and water do not mix. Don’t handle or plug in electrical appliances unless you’re completely dry.
- Pay attention to your hydration status; drink plenty of fluids.
- If you or someone you know doesn’t have air conditioning, choose places to go to for relief from the heat, such as schools, libraries, theaters, or malls.
- To learn more about safety at home during an excessive heat wave, visit IPL’s blog +Stories.
Be smart about energy use:
- During the day, shut window curtains and blinds to block the sun from heating your home.
- Weather stripping and proper insulation will keep cool air inside your home.
- Open cooling vents or registers and remove anything covering them.
- For more tips on increasing your energy efficiency year round, go to IPLpower.com/powertools.
Information on all of IPL PowerToolsTM programs as well as billing and payment options can be found by visiting IPLpower.com.
About Indianapolis Power & Light Company and AES:
Indianapolis Power & Light Company (IPL), an AES Company, provides retail electric service to more than 490,000 residential, commercial and industrial customers in Indianapolis, as well as portions of other Central Indiana communities surrounding Marion County. During its long history, IPL has supplied its customers with some of the lowest-cost, most reliable power in the country. For more information about the company, please visit www.IPLpower.com or connect with us at www.twitter.com/IPLpower, www.facebook.com/IPLpower or www.linkedin.com/company/IPLpower.
The AES Corporation (NYSE: AES) is a Fortune 200 global power company. We provide affordable, sustainable energy to 17 countries through our diverse portfolio of distribution businesses as well as thermal and renewable generation facilities. Our workforce of 19,000 people is committed to operational excellence and meeting the world’s changing power needs. Our 2016 revenues were $14 billion and we own and manage $36 billion in total assets. To learn more, please visit http://www.aes.com. Follow AES on Twitter @TheAESCorp.
Indianapolis Power & Light Company
Office: 317.829.7737, Media Hotline: 317.261.5905