INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. — Indianapolis Power & Light Company (IPL), a subsidiary of The AES Corporation (NYSE: AES), has five convenient and easy resources available to customers receiving higher electricity bills due to December’s extreme cold temperatures, which averaged near 23 degrees Fahrenheit.
Cold weather can affect energy usage as nearly 47 percent of energy is used during winter months to heat homes. There are many other factors that can also influence electric consumption, such as winter school break (think more laundry, lights on, gaming use, TV streaming, and in and out traffic), holiday lights and entertaining guests during the holidays.
IPL understands that high winter bills can be a financial challenge for our customers, so here are five resources available to help IPL customers manage costs:
- Budget Billing allows customers to pay the same amount for 11 months and then settle the difference on the 12th month.
- Payment Extensions can be requested online at IPLpower.com or by calling the automated system at 317.261.8222 and selecting option 2 from the main menu.
- Preferred Bill Date is offered for IPL customers who want a due date that best matches their paydays.
- Financial Assistance is available by calling the Connect2Help line at 2-1-1.
- PowerToolsTM programs can be found at IPLpower.com/powertools and are available to help customers manage their households' energy usage and bills.
Information on all of IPL’s payment and billing options can be found by going to IPLpower.com.
About Indianapolis Power & Light Company and AES.
Indianapolis Power & Light Company (IPL), an AES Company, provides retail electric service to more than 480,000 residential, commercial and industrial customers in Indianapolis, as well as portions of other Central Indiana communities surrounding Marion County. During its long history, IPL has supplied its customers with some of the lowest-cost, most reliable power in the country. For more information about the company, please visit www.IPLpower.com or connect with us at www.twitter.com/IPLpower, www.facebook.com/IPLpower or www.linkedin.com/company/IPLpower.
The AES Corporation (NYSE: AES) is a Fortune 200 global power company. We provide affordable, sustainable energy to 17 countries through our diverse portfolio of distribution businesses as well as thermal and renewable generation facilities. Our workforce of 21,000 people is committed to operational excellence and meeting the world’s changing power needs. AES’ 2015 revenues were $37 billion in total assets. To learn more, please visit www.aes.com. Follow AES on Twitter @TheAESCorp.
Indianapolis Power & Light Company
Office: 317.829.7737, Media Hotline: 317.261.5905