INDIANAPOLIS—Indianapolis Power & Light Company (IPL), a subsidiary of The AES Corporation (NYSE: AES), is recognizing various May events and organizations through its window light displays.
Organizations and events to be recognized by IPL:
- Celebrating Spring — (Animated flowers and grass growing, May 1)
- Mental Health Awareness Month — (Green, May 2-3)
- Star Wars Day — (MAY THE 4TH BE WITH YOU, May 4)
- 500 Festival Mini-Marathon — (42nd Running / #INDYMINI, May 5)
- National Nurses Day — (Blue, Green, & Orange, May 6 )
- National Teen Self Esteem Month— (YOU ARE WORTH MORE, May 7, 23)
- National Teacher’s Day — (THANK YOU TEACHERS, May 8)
- Indianapolis 500 — (Countdown, May 9-10, 15-16, 18, 20-21, 24)
- Military Spouse Appreciation Day— (American Flag, May 11)
- IndyCar Grand Prix — (Checkered Flag, May 12)
- Mother’s Day — (HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY!, May 13)
- National Women’s Health Week — (Purple & Blue, May 14)
- Shine a light on NF-Neurofibromatosis — (Blue & Green, May 17)
- Armed Forces Day — (American Flag, May 19)
- Indiana Fever Home Game — (GO FEVER, May 22)
- Memorial Day Service — (American Flag, May 25)
- Memorial Day Weekend and IPL 500 Festival Parade — (American Flag / #IPL500PARADE, May 26)
- Indianapolis 500 — (WELCOME RACE FANS / Checkered Flag, May 27)
- Memorial Day — (American Flag, May 28)
Is your event or organization highlighted this month? Join us on social media to share your window lights photos. Please tag @IPLpower and use our hashtag #IPLlights.
IPL’s 10-story downtown headquarters shines brightly every night with a light display which consists of energy-efficient, long-lasting bulbs and is controlled via a computer. Each window in the IPL building holds one LED luminar with a set of 12 red, green and blue LED lights. When mixed together, the computer controller can produce more than 16 million different hues.
About Indianapolis Power & Light Company and AES.
Indianapolis Power & Light Company (IPL), an AES Company, provides retail electric service to more than 490,000 residential, commercial and industrial customers in Indianapolis, as well as portions of other Central Indiana communities surrounding Marion County. During its long history, IPL has supplied its customers with some of the lowest-cost, most reliable power in the country. For more information about the company, please visit www.IPLpower.com or connect with us atwww.twitter.com/IPLpower, www.facebook.com/IPLpower or www.linkedin.com/company/IPLpower.
The AES Corporation (NYSE: AES) is a Fortune 200 global power company. We provide affordable, sustainable energy to 15 countries through our diverse portfolio of distribution businesses as well as thermal and renewable generation facilities. Our workforce is committed to operational excellence and meeting the world’s changing power needs. Our 2017 revenues were $11 billion and we own and manage $33 billion in total assets. To learn more, please visit www.aes.com. Follow AES on Twitter @TheAESCorp.
Indianapolis Power & Light Company