INDIANAPOLIS, Ind.— Indianapolis Power & Light Company (IPL), a subsidiary of The AES Corporation (NYSE: AES), is recognizing various October events and organizations through its window light displays.
Organizations and events to be recognized by IPL:
- Global Bullying Prevention Day — (Blue, October 1)
- Mental Health Awareness Week — (Green, October 2-3)
- National Fallen Firefighters Foundation Memorial Weekend — (Red, October 4)
- Department of Public Words — (BE A GOOD PERSON, October 5)
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Society — (#LIGHTTHENIGHT, October 6)
- Annual International Trigeminal Neuralgia Awareness Day — (Teal/Blue, October 7)
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month — (Pink Ribbon, October 8-11, 18, 22, 28)
- Indy Fuel Home Game — (#GOFUEL, October 12-13, 19, 30)
- Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day — (Pink/Blue, October 15)
- Fleetwood Mac at Banker’s Life Fieldhouse — (GO YOUR OWN WAY, October 16)
- Indiana Pacers Home Game — (Pacers “P”, October 17, 20)
- Indianapolis Colts Home Game — (Colts Horseshoe, October 21)
- Department of Public Words — (YOU ARE BOO-TIFUL, October 23)
- National FFA Convention and Exo — (FFA, October 24, 26-27)
- Teal Pumpkin Project: Food Allergy Awareness for Trick-or-Treaters — (Teal, October 29)
- Halloween – (Jack-O-Lantern/BOO!, October 31)
Is your event or organization highlighted this month? Join us on social media to share your window lights photos. Please tag @IPLpower and use our hashtag #IPLlights.
IPL’s 10-story downtown headquarters shines brightly every night with a light display which consists of energy-efficient, long-lasting bulbs and is controlled via a computer. Each window in the IPL building holds one LED luminar with a set of 12 red, green and blue LED lights. When mixed together, the computer controller can produce more than 16 million different hues.
About Indianapolis Power & Light Company and AES.
Indianapolis Power & Light Company (IPL), an AES Company, provides retail electric service to more than 490,000 residential, commercial and industrial customers in Indianapolis, as well as portions of other Central Indiana communities surrounding Marion County. During its long history, IPL has supplied its customers with some of the lowest-cost, most reliable power in the country. For more information about the company, please visit www.IPLpower.com or connect with us at www.twitter.com/IPLpower, www.facebook.com/IPLpower or www.linkedin.com/company/IPLpower.
The AES Corporation (NYSE: AES) is a Fortune 500 global power company. We provide affordable, sustainable energy to 15 countries through our diverse portfolio of distribution businesses as well as thermal and renewable generation facilities. Our workforce is committed to operational excellence and meeting the world’s changing power needs. Our 2017 revenues were $11 billion and we own and manage $33 billion in total assets. To learn more, please visit www.aes.com. Follow AES on Twitter @TheAESCorp.