INDIANAPOLIS, Ind.— Indianapolis Power & Light Company (IPL), a subsidiary of The AES Corporation (NYSE: AES), is recognizing various March events and organizations through its window light displays.
Organizations and events to be recognized by IPL:
- Junior Achievement’s Business Hall of Fame — (JA, March 1)
- Dr. Seuss’s Birthday/Read Across America Day — (ONE FISH, TWO FISH, RED FISH, BLUE FISH, March 2)
- Red Cross Month — (Red Cross Logo, March 4, 10, 18, 24, 26-27)
- Indiana Pacers Home Game — (“P”, March 5, 15, 19, 23)
- Department of Public Words — (BELIEVE YOU CAN, March 6, 16, 22, 28)
- International Women’s Day — (#IWD2018, March 8)
- Multiple Sclerosis [MS] Awareness Week — (Orange Ribbon, March 9, 13-14)
- Daylight Saving Time Begins — (SPRING FORWARD, March 11)
- National Girl Scouts’ Anniversary— (HAPPY 106TH GIRL SCOUTS, March 12)
- St. Patrick’s Day — (Green, March 17)
- First Day of Spring — (SPRING HAS SPRUNG, March 20)
- World Down Syndrome Day — (#DSIWDSD / Blue Heart on Yellow Background, March 21)
- National Medal of Honor Day — (American Flag, March 25)
- Indiana Comic Con — (WELCOME #ICC2018, March 30-31)
Is your event or organization highlighted this month? Join us on social media to share your window lights photos. Please tag @IPLpower and use our hashtag #IPLlights.
IPL’s 10-story downtown headquarters shines brightly every night with a light display which consists of energy-efficient, long-lasting bulbs and is controlled via a computer. Each window in the IPL building holds one LED luminar with a set of 12 red, green and blue LED lights. When mixed together, the computer controller can produce more than 16 million different hues.
About Indianapolis Power & Light Company and AES.
Indianapolis Power & Light Company (IPL), an AES Company, provides retail electric service to more than 490,000 residential, commercial and industrial customers in Indianapolis, as well as portions of other Central Indiana communities surrounding Marion County. During its long history, IPL has supplied its customers with some of the lowest-cost, most reliable power in the country. For more information about the company, please visit www.IPLpower.com or connect with us at www.twitter.com/IPLpower, www.facebook.com/IPLpower or www.linkedin.com/company/IPLpower.
The AES Corporation (NYSE: AES) is a Fortune 200 global power company. We provide affordable, sustainable energy to 15 countries through our diverse portfolio of distribution businesses as well as thermal and renewable generation facilities. Our workforce is committed to operational excellence and meeting the world’s changing power needs. Our 2017 revenues were $11 billion and we own and manage $33 billion in total assets. To learn more, please visit www.aes.com. Follow AES on Twitter @TheAESCorp.
Indianapolis Power & Light Company