INDIANAPOLIS, Ind.— Indianapolis Power & Light Company (IPL), a subsidiary of The AES Corporation (NYSE: AES), is encouraging customers to be safe and practice energy efficiency as temperatures rise into the lower nineties starting today and into the weekend.
According to the Department of Energy (DOE), heating and cooling can account for nearly 58 percent of a household’s energy use, so it’s important to understand how extreme fluctuations in temperature can affect energy use.
Here are a few energy efficiency programs that can help IPL customers take control of their electric bills:
- Take advantage of IPL’s Home Energy Assessment, which is a great first step to increasing comfort and managing energy usage at home. You can schedule an assessment online today.
- Sign up for IPL PowerView, a free energy efficiency tool that shows customers their daily and monthly electricity consumption and provides billing comparisons with previous timeframes and similar households nearby while overlaying actual weather factors.
- IPL Marketplace provides the convenience of shopping for energy-saving products and instant rebates on smart thermostats from your laptop, tablet, or mobile device all while in the comfort of your own home.
In addition to these energy efficiency programs, there are other easy Ways to Save:
- Adjust your thermostat. The bigger the temperature difference between outside and inside your home, the harder your home is working to keep cool, which can result in spiked energy usage.
- Seal air leaks. Weather stripping and proper insulation will keep cool air inside your home.
- Use ceiling or floor fans to keep cool. Fans offer an inexpensive alternative to setting the thermostat to a lower temperature cooling people, not rooms.
Information on all of IPL’s Ways to Save as well as billing and payment options can be found online at IPLpower.com.
About Indianapolis Power & Light Company and AES.
Indianapolis Power & Light Company (IPL), an AES Company, provides retail electric service to more than 490,000 residential, commercial and industrial customers in Indianapolis, as well as portions of other Central Indiana communities surrounding Marion County. During its long history, IPL has supplied its customers with some of the lowest-cost, most reliable power in the country. For more information about the company, please visit www.IPLpower.com or connect with us at www.twitter.com/IPLpower, www.facebook.com/IPLpower or www.linkedin.com/company/IPLpower.
The AES Corporation (NYSE: AES) is a Fortune 500 global power company. We provide affordable, sustainable energy to 15 countries through our diverse portfolio of distribution businesses as well as thermal and renewable generation facilities. Our workforce is committed to operational excellence and meeting the world’s changing power needs. Our 2017 revenues were $11 billion and we own and manage $33 billion in total assets. To learn more, please visit www.aes.com. Follow AES on Twitter @TheAESCorp.
Indianapolis Power & Light Company