INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. — Indianapolis Power & Light Company (IPL), a subsidiary of The AES Corporation (NYSE: AES), encourages its customers to be safe as extremely hot temperatures affect Central Indiana the latter half of this week and into the weekend. IPL is prepared to meet electricity needs from our customers as temperatures rise to above 90 degrees and head indices are expected to surpass 100 degrees.
Here are some helpful tips for IPL customers to consider as temperatures continue to rise.
Be safe at home:
- Be aware of the heat. Pay attention to it and modify your activities appropriately.
- Electricity and water do not mix. Don’t handle or plug in electrical appliances unless you’re completely dry.
- Pay attention to your hydration status; drink plenty of fluids.
- If you or someone you know doesn’t have air conditioning, choose places to go to for relief from the heat, such as schools, libraries, theaters, or malls.
Be smart about energy use:
- During the day, shut window curtains and blinds to block the sun from heating your home.
- Weather stripping and proper insulation will keep cool air inside your home.
- Open cooling vents or registers and remove anything covering them.
- For more tips on increasing your energy-efficiency year-round, go to www.iplpower.com/Ways_to_Save/Energy_Savings_Tips/
Complete information on all of IPL’s Energy Saving Tips programs as well as payment and billing options can be found by going to www.iplpower.com/Ways_to_Save/
There’s power in good planning. Bookmark IPL’s Outage Information Center, a mobile-friendly page that offers easy outage reporting, and even more safety and preparedness tips so you can be safe and prepared whatever the weather.
About Indianapolis Power & Light Company and AES
Indianapolis Power & Light Company (IPL), an AES Company, provides retail electric service to more than 500,000 residential, commercial and industrial customers in Indianapolis, as well as portions of other Central Indiana communities surrounding Marion County. During its long history, IPL has supplied its customers with some of the lowest-cost, most reliable power in the country. For more information about the company, please visit www.IPLpower.com or connect with us at www.twitter.com/IPLpower, www.facebook.com/IPLpower or www.linkedin.com/company/IPLpower.
The AES Corporation (NYSE: AES) is a Fortune 500 global power company. We provide affordable, sustainable energy to 14 countries through our diverse portfolio of distribution businesses as well as thermal and renewable generation facilities. Our workforce is committed to operational excellence and meeting the world’s changing power needs. Our 2018 revenues were $11 billion and we own and manage $33 billion in total assets. To learn more, please visit www.aes.com. Follow AES on Twitter @TheAESCorp.
IPL Media Team
Indianapolis Power & Light Company
Media Hotline: 317.261.5905