AES Indiana encourages its customers to be safe in extreme hot weather. As temperatures rise above 90 degrees this week, with heat index values forecasted to be between 100°-106F°, AES Indiana is prepared to meet electricity needs for its 500,000 customers in Central Indiana. Customers are encouraged to take action to protect themselves and their families with these safety tips and ways to manage their energy use.
Here are some helpful safety tips for AES Indiana customers during extreme hot weather:
- Be aware of the heat and modify your activities appropriately.
- Pay attention to your hydration status and drink plenty of fluids.
- Electricity and water do not mix. Don’t handle or plug in electrical appliances unless you’re completely dry.
- If you or someone you know doesn’t have air conditioning, choose places to go for relief from the heat, such as community centers, libraries or malls.
AES Indiana provides these tips to its customers to help manage energy use:
- Close blinds during the warmest times of the day to keep the heat out.
- Reduce air leakage by sealing leaks to keep cool air in your home and hot air out.
- Turn off the lights and use energy efficient light bulbs that give off less heat in the home.
- Adjust your thermostat as high as comfortably possible in the summer.
- Run ceiling fans counterclockwise to push cool air down into living spaces.
- Wait until the evening to use heat-producing appliances, like the oven or dryer.
Learn more about how your home uses energy, how you can save and spend less on your bill.
AES Indiana understands high bills can be a financial challenge for our customers, especially during the summer heat. Here are a few resources available to help customers manage costs:
- Budget Billing allows customers to pay the same amount for 11 months and then settle the difference on the 12th month.
- Payment Extensions can be requested online at AESIndiana.com or by calling the automated system at 317-261-8222.
- Preferred Bill Date is offered for AES Indiana customers who want a due date that best matches their paydays.
AES Indiana offers smart solutions to help you use energy more efficiently. Visit the AES Indiana Marketplace to shop for instant rebates on a variety of smart thermostats, LED light bulbs and more energy efficient products.
About AES Indiana
AES Indiana, an AES Company, provides retail electric service to more than 500,000 residential, commercial and industrial customers in Indianapolis, as well as portions of other Central Indiana communities surrounding Marion County. During its long history, AES Indiana has supplied its customers with some of the lowest-cost, most reliable power in the country. For more information about the company, please Connect with AES Indiana on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn. For more information about how AES Indiana is accelerating the future of energy, visit aesindiana.com/hellofuture.