Each October, AES Indiana, a subsidiary of The AES Corporation (NYSE: AES), recognizes National Energy Awareness Month to raise the importance of sustainability, promote energy efficiency tips for customers and acknowledge the critical role energy plays in our daily lives. AES Indiana wants to help you save energy and money by educating you on how your home uses energy. These energy efficiency tips and resources are just a few ways we can accelerate the future of energy, together.
As temperatures begin to cool down this fall, there are several ways customers can manage their energy usage and save:
- Heating and cooling make up 56% of your home’s energy use, install an energy efficient smart thermostat. Instant rebates are available on AES Indiana Marketplace.
- Purchase LED bulbs which use up to 90% less energy than incandescent bulbs and last up to 25 times longer. The average home uses 40 bulbs.
- Improve the efficiency of your HVAC system by replacing air filters, tuning it up, or upgrading. A new, efficient model can save you $150 or more per year.
- Take advantage of heat from the sun. Open window coverings to allow sunlight to naturally heat your home.
- Turn off unnecessary lights and switch to energy-efficient lighting that gives off less heat in your home.
These tips and resources are useful during Energy Awareness Month, and every month of the year. Learn more.
About AES Indiana
AES Indiana, an AES Company, provides retail electric service to more than 500,000 residential, commercial and industrial customers in Indianapolis, as well as portions of other Central Indiana communities surrounding Marion County. During its long history, AES Indiana has supplied its customers with some of the lowest-cost, most reliable power in the country. Connect with AES Indiana on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn. For more information about how AES Indiana is accelerating the future of energy, visit aesindiana.com/hellofuture.