AES Indiana is recognizing several events and organizations through its window light display during the month of September. AES Indiana's iconic LED window light display on its 10-story headquarters in downtown Indianapolis shines brightly each night to promote meaningful events and organizations impacting lives in Central Indiana. The hours for the window lights are from dusk to dawn.
Organizations and events to be recognized with AES Indiana’s window display in September include:
- September 1: Purple in support of Recovery Awareness Month
- September 2-4: Butter in celebration of Ganggang and Butter
- September 7-9: #LoveIndy in support of the Ganggang Festival
- September 11: American flag to honor 9/11
- September 12: Royal blue and gold in celebration of Sigma Gamma Rho 100 years
- September 13 & 14: Red in support of World Lymphoma Awareness
- September 15: Kick-off of Hispanic Heritage Month
- September 16: Mexican flag in honor of Mexican Independence Day
- September 17: Gold ribbon in support of Pediatric Center Awareness Month
- September 18-20: Blue in support of Alopecia Awareness Month
- September 22: Red in support of Indians Circle City Nights
- September 23 & 24: In support of IndyVolved
- September 25: Gold ribbon in support of Pediatric Center Awareness Month
- September 26: Blue in support of Mesothelioma Awareness Day
- September 28: Blue in support of Pulmonary Fibrosis Awareness Month
- September 29: In support of IndyVolved
- September 30: German flag in celebration of Columbia Club’s Annual Oktoberfest
AES Indiana’s light display consists of energy-efficient, long-lasting bulbs and is controlled via a computer. Each window in the AES Indiana building holds one LED luminar with a set of 12 red, green and blue LED lights. When mixed, the computer controller can produce more than 16 million different hues. Lights run from sundown to the following morning.
Requests can be made by sending an email to AES Indiana Community Relations, email@example.com, at least four weeks in advance of requested date. AES Indiana makes every effort to honor window light requests.
Organizations are encouraged to use the hashtag #AESINLights and tag @AESIndiana.