INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. — Indianapolis Power & Light Company (IPL), a subsidiary of The AES Corporation (NYSE: AES), encourages customers to be aware of how they consume electricity at home during extreme cold temperatures and how significant swings in temperatures can have an impact on electric utility bills.
During extreme drops in temperature, which are anticipated throughout the weekend and into early next week, HVAC systems work much harder to attain a set temperature. If the outside temperature is extremely cold, the desired temperature inside may never be reached. Furthermore, using additional heat sources, like space heaters, to compensate for the cold weather also has the potential to increase electric utility bills.
IPL understands that high winter bills can be a financial challenge for our customers, so here are five resources available to help customers manage costs:
- Budget Billing allows customers to pay about the same amount for 11 months and then settle the difference on the 12th month.
- Payment Extensions can be requested online at IPLpower.com or by calling the automated system at 317.261.8222 and selecting option 2 from the main menu.
- Financial Assistance is available by calling the Connect2Help line at 2-1-1.
- IPL PowerView®gives you the power to analyze energy usage data, compare your usage to your neighbor’s, and get personalized tips and recommendations to lower your energy bill.
- IPL Marketplace – The smartest way to shop for energy-efficient products, including instant rebates on heating systems.
Information on all of IPL’s payment and billing options and energy efficiency programs can be found by going online at IPLpower.com.
About Indianapolis Power & Light Company and AES.
Indianapolis Power & Light Company (IPL), an AES Company, provides retail electric service to more than 490,000 residential, commercial and industrial customers in Indianapolis, as well as portions of other Central Indiana communities surrounding Marion County. During its long history, IPL has supplied its customers with some of the lowest-cost, most reliable power in the country. For more information about the company, please visit www.IPLpower.com or connect with us at www.twitter.com/IPLpower, www.facebook.com/IPLpower or www.linkedin.com/company/IPLpower.
The AES Corporation (NYSE: AES) is a Fortune 200 global power company. We provide affordable, sustainable energy to 15 countries through our diverse portfolio of distribution businesses as well as thermal and renewable generation facilities. Our workforce is committed to operational excellence and meeting the world’s changing power needs. Our 2017 revenues were $11 billion and we own and manage $33 billion in total assets. To learn more, please visit www.aes.com. Follow AES on Twitter @TheAESCorp.
Indianapolis Power & Light Company