Discover the benefits of Advanced meters
Options for AES Indiana customers
AES Indiana is installing Advanced Metering Infrastructure ("AMI") smart meters as part of its recently approved revAMP program, which is an initiative to improve reliability, infrastructure and customer experience by investing in the electric grid. AMI smart meters allow AES Indiana to remotely access electric energy usage and provide greater clarity on consumption behavior to both the customer and the company.
Discover Advanced meter benefits
By creating a better communicating electrical grid, Advanced meters help better manage and understand the electrical needs of our customers. With Advanced meter-enabled tools, you can understand exactly how you use energy to help reduce and control your monthly bill. Advanced meters provide the following benefits:
- More reliable service: Advanced meters provide communication between AES Indiana and the electric grid. This two-way communication allows us to quickly identify outages and resolve other service problems, typically without visiting your home or business. This also allows AES Indiana to connect services remotely.
- Detailed history of energy use and costs: You can get an online, detailed history of your energy use and costs, up to the previous day. View your daily electric consumption, and then compare your energy use to last week or even last year. You can use this valuable information to make smart energy choices.
- Additional pricing plan options for better control of your energy costs.
What's the difference between an Advanced meter and a non-communicating digital meter?
|Advanced meter||Opt-out with non-communicating digital meter|
|View your daily energy use||Yes||No|
|Remotely connecting your service||Yes||No|
|Additional setup charge||Free||$48|
|Additional monthly charge||Free||$20 per meter*|
Advanced meter installations (and opting out of AMI smart meter installation)
- AES Indiana customers will have an Advanced meter installed at no cost to the customer.
- If an eligible customer elects to opt out of having an AMI smart meter, AES Indiana technicians will install a non-communicating digital meter with all communications systems disabled. By electing to opt-out of having an AMI smart meter, the customer agrees to have their non-communicating digital meter read by AES Indiana on a monthly basis for a $20 monthly charge. This also requires the $48 one-time setup charge.
Want to opt out of your AMI smart meter?
Access the Opt-out application. You must complete the application and submit to AES Indiana via USPS or email.
Submit your completed application vis USPS to:
AES Indiana AMI Opt-out Program
2102 N. Illinois St.
Indianapolis, IN 46202
Or submit your completed application via email to: