Terms and Conditions of the E-Bill Delivery and Payment Service for AES Indiana Customers
Welcome to AES Indiana's E-Bill Delivery and Payment Service (the "Service"). AES Indiana, in partnership with KUBRA, is willing to provide the Service to you only upon your agreement that your access and use of the Service will be subject to the following terms of service. These terms of service are an agreement between AES Indiana and users of this Service ("the Agreement").
- The Service's policy with respect to Enrollment Requirements will be in accordance with the KUBRA Terms and Conditions that may be viewed at https://secure8.i-doxs.net/IPLPower/Terms.aspx or at the Consumer Service Provider where you enrolled for your electronic bill. KUBRA has partnered with AES Indiana to provide this Service.
- Upon activation, you will no longer receive AES Indiana paper billing and/or disconnect statements. Instead, you will receive a monthly e-mail reminder when your bill is available online.
- If you are already on Automatic Payment Option, your payments will continue to be deducted from your designated bank account on the Due Date of your AES Indiana bill.
- You may un-enroll at any time. Any future automatic payments (set up using the EBPP Service) or scheduled payments will be cancelled when you un-enroll.
Bill Delivery and Presentment
- Activation - Upon successful activation of the E-Bill Service, you will no longer receive AES Indiana paper billing and/or disconnect statements.
- Notification - AES Indiana will use its best efforts to present all of your electronic bills promptly. You will receive an e-mail notification to the e-mail address listed on your account. It is your sole responsibility to ensure that this information is accurate. In the event you do not receive notification, it is your responsibility to contact AES Indiana. You are also responsible for ensuring timely payments of all bills.
- Cancellation of electronic notification- AES Indiana reserves the right to cancel the electronic presentment of your bills at any time.
- This agreement does not alter your liability or obligations that currently exist between you and AES Indiana concerning your utility usage or other utility-related service.
Bill Payment and Scheduling
The Service's policy with respect to Bill Payment Scheduling will be in accordance with the Kubra Terms and Conditions that may be viewed at https://secure8.i-doxs.net/IPLPower/Terms.aspx or at the Consumer Service provider in which you enrolled.
Your E-Bill may be paid electronically in one of two ways:
1. You may make payments by manually scheduling a payment from your checking or savings. You can select whether you want your payment to be processed on the soonest available payment date, or you can schedule your payment for a future date. Scheduled payments can be made and cancelled up to 1-2 business days before the payment due date provided that the payment is in a "scheduled" status.
2. You may set up Automatic Payment through KUBRA by using a checking account or money market account. Payments will be processed on your bill due date. New Automatic Payments must be set up at least two days before your next monthly bill calculates to be applied to your electric account on the due date. KUBRA Automatic Payment begins at the start of a new bill cycle, not the current bill cycle. NOTE: If you were an active Automatic Payment customer through AES Indiana, you do not need to re-enroll for Automatic Payment through KUBRA when you sign up for E-Bill.
Payments may be presented to your bank by KUBRA at any time on your scheduled payment date. It is your responsibility to ensure that funds are available for payment.
When scheduling bill payments, you must select a payment date that is no later than the actual due date reflected on your billing statement unless the due date falls on a non-business day; if the actual due date falls on a non-business day, you must select a scheduled payment date that is at least 1-2 business days before the actual due date. Scheduled payment dates should be prior to any late date or grace period. In certain rare situations, a bill payment may take four (4) business days to be processed.
- If it is past your bill's due date when making your payment, you must use the next available payment date to schedule a payment.
- Payments for disconnect notices should not be scheduled past the disconnect notice due date to avoid any interruption in your electric utility service
Payment Authorization and Payment Remittance
The Service's policy with respect to Payment Authorization and Payment Remittance will be in accordance with KUBRA's that may be viewed at https://secure8.i-doxs.net/IPLPower/Terms.aspx or the Consumer Service Provider of choice.
When the Service receives a payment instruction, you authorize the Service to debit your payment account and remit funds on your behalf. You certify that any payment account you add to your payment methods is an account from which you are authorized to make payments, and any payment you make using the AES Indiana E-Bill will debit a payment account that you are legally authorized to use.
The Service will use its best efforts to make all of your payments properly. However, the Service shall incur no liability and any Service Guarantee shall be void if the Service is unable to complete any payments initiated by you because of the existence of any one or more of the following circumstances:
- If your payment account does not contain sufficient funds to complete the transaction or the transaction would exceed the credit limit of your overdraft account.
- The payment processing center is not working properly and you know or have been advised by the Service about the malfunction before you execute the transaction.
- You have not provided the Service with the correct payment account information, or the correct name, address, phone number; and/or,
- Circumstances beyond control of the Service (such as, but not limited to, fire, flood, or interference from an outside force) that would prevent the proper execution of the transaction and AES Indiana has taken reasonable precautions to avoid those circumstances.
Provided none of the foregoing exceptions are applicable, if the Service causes an incorrect amount of funds to be removed from your payment account, the Service shall be responsible for returning the improperly transferred funds to your payment account, and, if applicable, for any late payment related charges applied to your AES Indiana account.
Service Termination, Cancellation, or Suspension
In the event you wish to cancel AES Indiana's E-Bill option, you may do so by visiting www.aesindiana.com or the Consumer Service Provider site of preference. Any payment(s) that the Service has not already processed can be cancelled on-line. All scheduled payments will not be processed once AES Indiana's E-Bill Service is cancelled. AES Indiana may terminate or cancel your E-Bill Service at any time. Neither termination nor suspension shall affect your liability or obligations under this Agreement.
Payment Cancellation Requests
Automatic Payments and manually scheduled payments can be edited, or cancelled if they have not been processed. You will need to contact your financial institution to place a stop on the payment if it has already been processed through the Service.
Stop Payment Requests
AES Indiana cannot assist you with a stop payment request for any bill payment in process or that has completed or cleared. You must contact your financial institution.
Service Fees and Additional Charges
Any financial fees associated with your standard deposit account will continue to apply. You are responsible for any and all telephone access fees and/or Internet service fees that may be assessed by your telephone and/or Internet Service provider.
Failed or Returned Transactions
In using AES Indiana's E-Bill Service, you are requesting to make your AES Indiana payments for you from your payment account. If we are unable to complete the transaction for any reason associated with your payment account (for example, there are insufficient funds in your payment account to cover the transaction), the transaction may not be completed. In some instances, you will receive a returned item notice from AES Indiana. You can be removed from AES Indiana E-Bill for processing payment(s) with insufficient funds in your payment account to cover the transaction. Payment processing fees may be incurred for failed or returned transactions.
Address or Banking Changes
It is your sole responsibility to ensure that the contact information in your user profile and the information about your payment account is current and accurate. This includes, but is not limited to, name(s), address, phone number(s), e-mail address(es) and account numbers. Changes can be made within your user profile online. AES Indiana is not responsible for any payment processing errors or fees incurred if you do not provide accurate payment account or contact information.
You agree that the information you provide to AES Indiana can go through a verification process. You agree that AES Indiana reserves the right to obtain financial information regarding your payment account from your financial institution (for example, to resolve payment posting problems or for verification).
Errors and Questions
In case of errors or questions about your AES Indiana E-Bill transactions, you should contact AES Indiana at 317-261-8222 or 1-888-261-8222. AES Indiana Customer Service contact information is located at www.aesindiana.com/contact-us.
In the event of a dispute regarding AES Indiana's E-Bill Service, you agree to resolve the dispute in accordance with the terms of this Agreement. You acknowledge and agree that these terms set forth are the complete and exclusive statement of the Services to be provided, and these terms supersede any proposal or prior agreement, oral or written, and any other communications between you and AES Indiana relating to the subject matter of this agreement. These terms may only be modified in writing and may not be modified or altered verbally by any AES Indiana employee.
You may not assign this Agreement to any other party. AES Indiana may assign this Agreement to any future, directly or indirectly, affiliated company. AES Indiana may also assign or delegate certain of its rights and responsibilities under this Agreement to independent contractors or third parties.
Password and Security
You agree not to give or make available your password or other means to access your account to any unauthorized individuals. You are responsible for all payments you authorize using the Service. If you permit authorized users or other persons to use the Service or your password or other means to access your account, you are responsible for any transactions that they authorize. If you believe that your password or other means to access your account has been lost or stolen, or that someone may attempt to use the Service without your consent or has transferred money without your permission, you must notify AES Indiana by calling 317-261-8222, or toll-free at 1-888-261-8222. Also, please contact your financial institution to report any unauthorized financial transactions.
The Service's policy with respect to use of your information will be in accordance with the KUBRA privacy statement that may be viewed at http://www.kubra.com/Privacy.aspx or at the Consumer Service Provider site where you enrolled.
Alterations and Amendments
This agreement, applicable fees and Service charges may be altered or amended by AES Indiana from time to time. In such event, the Service shall provide notice to you. Any use of this Service after the Service provides you a notice of change will constitute your agreement to such change(s). Further, AES Indiana may, from time to time, revise or update the applications, Services, and/or related material, which may render all such prior versions obsolete. Consequently, AES Indiana reserves the right to terminate this Agreement as to all such prior versions of the applications, Services and/or related material and limit access to only the Service's more recent revisions and updates. You authorize us to send or provide by electronic communication any notice, communication, amendment or replacement to the agreement, or disclosure required to be provided orally or in writing to you. You agree to receive any electronic communication provided to you and will not attempt to avoid receiving any such communication. You are deemed to have received any electronic communication provided to you when they are made available to you.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
- THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS", "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY WHATSOEVER.
- AES INDIANA HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, OR ARISING FROM CUSTOM OR TRADE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, SUITABILITY, ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS AND TITLE WITH REGARD TO THE CONTENT AND OPERATION OF THIS SERVICE.
- AES Indiana does not warrant that the operation of this Service will be uninterrupted or error free; that defects will be corrected; or that this site or any server used to operate the Service are free from viruses or other harmful components.
- In no event shall AES Indiana, its parent, subsidiary or affiliate companies, be liable for any damages in connection with this Service. If you become dissatisfied with this site, or the terms, conditions or policies governing it, your sole remedy is to discontinue using the Service.
- Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, or consequential or incidental damages, so portions of the above exclusions may not apply to you.
The foregoing provisions of this section are for the benefit of AES Indiana, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees, agents, insurers, licensors, and third party licensors and service providers, and each shall have the right to assert and enforce the provisions directly on their own behalf.
This Agreement and the terms for the use of the Service shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Indiana, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law. The terms of this Agreement shall remain in effect until such time that they may be updated.
I have read and understand the foregoing Agreement and agree to be bound by all its terms.