AES Indiana takes pride in our corporate citizenship and is committed to the betterment of the communities where we live and serve. Through charitable contributions, AES Indiana enhances the quality of life for our customers, employees and communities. Our people also generously contribute their time to the community through volunteer efforts. The combination of financial support and human resources affirms AES Indiana's commitment to being a good neighbor.
Policies and restrictions
Contributions are generally limited to the communities where AES Indiana does business, which includes Marion County, the seven surrounding counties and Pike County. Funding is targeted to area nonprofit organizations that fall into one of the following five categories:
- Arts & culture: Heightening the impact of arts and local culture in our communities
- Community investment: Enhancing the general quality of life for members of the communities in which we serve
- Economic development: Creating an engaged, vibrant, welcoming community that is seen as a great place to live and work
- Education: Improving educational access and outcomes.
- Environment: Investing in sustainable initiatives that help to protect the environment
All AES Indiana partnerships and contributions are reviewed to ensure diversity, equity, and inclusion are integral parts of the partnering organization's mission and audience.
Requests for the following will not be considered:
- Organizations without tax-exempt status as determined by the Internal Revenue code
- Organizations that discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, age, veteran status or any federal, state or local laws
- National or state health organizations
- Walk or run events
- School or civic sport teams, events or supplies
- Political activities, candidates or organizations
- Post-event funding
Request a charitable contribution
General inquiries and requests should be addressed to AES Indiana public affairs at email@example.com. Requests must include the following information:
Summary of request
- Briefly summarize the purpose of your organization, including your mission statement
- Explain the community need or problem being addressed
- Describe the project, program or use for which you are seeking funds
Provide a list of donation levels
- List or attach levels of donation opportunities and briefly describe how each level would assist your organization
- List the benefits to AES Indiana associated with each level
Provide the following attachments
- List with names of board members
- Copy of IRS tax exemption letter
Once received, requests will be reviewed by public affairs to ensure compliance with criteria and to evaluate the merits of the request. Please allow approximately six weeks for evaluation.