Attention CoolCents customers: A program representative may be in your area to inspect the CoolCents switch on your air conditioner and perform any necessary repairs. They will practice social distancing and remain outside at all times. In-home CoolCents services are still suspended until further notice due to COVID-19. If you have a smart thermostat, you can still sign up online using the "Get started" button below.
CoolCents makes it possible to use less energy in the summer while staying comfortable and in control – and you get paid for it!
- CoolCents is an energy management program that rewards customers for enabling AES Indiana to better manage electricity demand during summer months.
- Enrolled customers receive a $5 credit on their monthly electric bills June through September (up to $20 total).
Or call 866-908-4915
How it works
- A smart thermostat is required. If you already have a smart thermostat installed, all you have to do is register online.
- If you don’t already have a smart thermostat installed, schedule a free virtual assessment and we'll assess your home to see if it qualifies for a free ecobee3 lite.*
How it works
If you enrolled in the CoolCents program before December 2017 and have the original AC switch installed, now is a great time to upgrade your savings as well as your thermostat.
- AES Indiana residential and business customers
- If you rent or lease your home, a signed landlord release form is required.
- *To receive a ecobee3 lite, your home must have electric heat or central cooling, a compatible HVAC system and working Wi-Fi. If you would like a free ecobee3 lite, we’ll install one for you. Terms and conditions apply.
- If you do not want or do not qualify for a smart thermostat, we can upgrade your AC switch to the more efficient, second-generation smart switch.
- To get started, schedule an appointment.
AES Indiana has partnered with a third-party provider, CLEAResult, to provide this service to our customers.