Answers to questions about AES Indiana's RFP process
AES Indiana will provide responses to all questions.
AES Indiana requests that all questions concerning this RFP be submitted in writing via the RFP Question Form. Written responses to all submitted questions will be posted to the website. Sargent & Lundy will accept written questions until the date identified in the project schedule. Respondents should check the website periodically for updates and postings.
If you experience technical issues accessing RFP documentation or submitting documents, please contact AESI2022ASRFP@sargentlundy.com for assistance. Respondents should not contact AES Indiana directly.
AES Indiana would be willing to consider making a small parcel of Petersburg real estate available, such as 20 acres, with the following conditions:
- For Asset Transfer projects only, consistent with the provisions of Section 3.7 of Attachment X to the MISO Tariff regarding generator replacement.
- Subject to AES Indiana approval of location and size of parcel.
- AES Indiana to retain ownership of property.
- Developer enters into appropriate indemnity / waiver documentation effective from project commencement through closing.
For a project seeking to utilize the MISO generator replacement process, as detailed in Section 3.7 of Attachment X to the MISO Tariff, in conjunction with the planned retirement of Petersburg Unit 2, the interconnection must directly interconnect at 345 kV.
AES Indiana owns and operates 138 kV and 345 kV transmission. For any project not seeking to utilize the replacement process for the Petersburg Unit 2 interconnection, a transmission interconnection at either voltage, as applicable to match the voltage of the interconnecting transmission line, is acceptable.
As part of Appendix K to the RFP, AES Indiana incorporated a MISO / FERC Electric Tariff document pertaining to the interconnection request for a generating facility. Since for any generating facility that intends to interconnect to the MISO territory a complete interconnection request form is required to be filed before MISO, AES Indiana requests for this form to be completed by proponents for efficiency purposes. It should be noted that this interconnection request form is specific to the MISO / FERC Electric Tariff and not to the requirements of AES Indiana’s RFP.
Bidders should submit comments on the proposed contract agreements included as part of this RFP. AES Indiana cannot commit to use any other preferred form of contract.
Although this form of power purchase agreement (“PPA”) contemplates solar energy and a related battery energy storage system (“BESS”), it will serve as the form utilized for PPAs for all forms of energy and for PPAs without a BESS, in each case with some modification:
- For those PPAs without a BESS, the provisions relating to the BESS will be removed or modified, as appropriate.
- For those PPAs which utilize wind energy, the description of, and specifications for, the energy source, the tests and testing procedures and the performance guarantee and related liquidated damages will be modified so that they conform to the corresponding provisions in the form of Membership Interest Purchase, Project Development and Construction Management Agreement for a wind energy project made available in connection with this RFP.
- For those PPAs for projects which utilize technologies other than wind, solar and/or energy storage, the description of, and specifications for, the energy source, the tests and testing procedures and the performance guarantee and related liquidated damages will be modified so that they: (i) conform to the corresponding provisions in this PPA modified, as appropriate, for an energy project of the type proposed; and (ii) reflect parameters consistent with those set out in Schedule E3 of Appendix C of Bidder’s proposal.
For a project seeking to utilize the MISO generator replacement process, as detailed in Section 3.7 of Attachment X to the MISO Tariff, in conjunction with the planned retirement of Petersburg Unit 2, the interconnection must directly interconnect at the existing Petersburg 345 kV switchyard.
For any other project able to receive Zonal Resource Credits in MISO Zone 6, an interconnection with any transmission owner is acceptable.
RFP milestone dates and deadlines.
Learn how to submit an RFP proposal.
Read RFP questions and answers.